icebergs, walls, ladybugs

may 2

the women in my life

are icebergs 

stunning, twinkling, complex

bearing a depth of which could never quite 


be understood, be fathomed 

that they come from one 

calve, chip away, emerge 

into fluid nothingness 

upholding, cradling the next 


the Women in my life

are vulnerable strength 

humble power

gentle passion 

fierce love.

I am woman. Hear me calve.  



_____________________________________________

also may 2


on emotional labour:



so many men in my life build walls.

i do the labour of gently removing one brick at a time. 

sneakily, with eons of time, so maybe he won’t notice, until they’re all gone. 


sometimes im tired. 


i take a sledgehammer to it. 


But walls that get hit with sledgehammers are iron clad. 


it is not my job. 

i lose my friend.


____________________________________

july 22


i am a ladybug

watch out you fkn aphids


____________________________________________________________________

aug 16


goddamn i am a piece of art.

i am thoughtful & kind & share joy liberally and i am imperfect. 


i am human and messy and contradictory 

and i am perfect.


today i was feeling myself and i was loving myself. 

and i say thats a fucking win. 

___________________________

Sept 2


and who the hell is a “woman” anyway? 


Comments